CNET Community Newsletter Archive
- Would you shop at a record/CD store today?
December 3, 2013
- Differences between e-readers and tablets? What is appropriate for 8-year-old?
November 29, 2013
- Bookless libraries: Is that where we're headed?
November 26, 2013
- My laptop is hot to the touch, should I be worried?
November 22, 2013
- Apple, Android, or Windows: Pick a side
November 19, 2013
- Privacy and security concerns using free e-mail accounts
November 15, 2013
- Which way would your moral compass point if big money was on the line?
November 12, 2013
- What can I do to prevent my browser from being hijacked?
November 8, 2013
- Yea or nay? Apple to build a manufacturing plant in USA
November 5, 2013
- Google and Bing search results links redirects: Virus or money-maker?
November 1, 2013
- What if you could physically customize your smartphone?
October 29, 2013
- What do you think of Apple's iPad Air?
October 22, 2013
- Is the Google era making me dumber?
October 18, 2013
- Samsung curved-display phone: Forward-looking or frivolous
October 15, 2013
- Printer ink cartridge prices: A rip-off or what?
October 11, 2013
- Microsoft Office on iOS and Android devices: Would you use it?
October 8, 2013
- Why does my laptop take so long to shut down?!
October 4, 2013
- How would you feel if you got personally attacked online?
October 1, 2013
- Why do I need two Web browsers these days?
September 27, 2013
- Do you think kids should have cell phones?
September 24, 2013
- How do I maximize security for XP even after support ends?
September 20, 2013
- Is there a place for do-it-yourself in home security?
September 17, 2013
- We've heard from Apple, now we want to hear from you!
September 10, 2013
- Should I buy a Windows 7 system now, before it's too late?
September 6, 2013
- Good move or bad one? Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services
September 3, 2013
- Help me decide: PC or Apple laptop?
August 30, 2013
- Would you allow a company to monitor your kid's social activities?
August 27, 2013
- I have a 2TB hard drive, what do you mean my disk space is running low?!
August 23, 2013
- What would Apple have to do to keep you as an iPhone customer?
August 20, 2013
- Is a waterproof iPhone coming soon? Or can I waterproof my existing one?
August 16, 2013
- Facebook is a modern-day show-and-tell
August 13, 2013
- Help! During my PC boot up, it displays 'Please insert disk'!
August 9, 2013
- Is Apple Taking Too Big of a Bite With Employee Bag Checks?
August 6, 2013
- Extended warranties for laptops, are they worth getting?
August 2, 2013
- Preventing Underage Drinking - Now There's an App for That!
July 30, 2013
- I need a simple online solution to see my great-grandchild in real time?
July 26, 2013
- TVs - A-not-so Silent Killer
July 23, 2013
- Can an iPad store, view, edit, and create Microsoft Word documents?
July 19, 2013
- Do you still work when you are on vacation?
July 16, 2013
- What is the best way to dispose of old data CDs?
July 12, 2013
- What?! I can charge my phone with my shoes?
July 9, 2013
- Are self-destructing e-mails the future of security?
July 2, 2013
- Job-hunting advice needed! What would you do if your job was eliminated?
June 28, 2013
- Does it still make sense to buy a digital camera?
June 25, 2013
- What e-reader would you recommend for kids?
June 21, 2013
- Can you trust the NSA, the Internet giants, or your IT department?
June 18, 2013
- How feasible is it to use Windows XP after Microsoft stops supporting it?
June 14, 2013
- Is there a connection between real-life violence and violent video games?
June 11, 2013
- Windows XP will not load, displaying "Floppy diskette seek failure..."
June 7, 2013
- Microsoft's Windows XP is still kickin' -- do you use it?
June 4, 2013
- Shooting digital videos: DSLR or DV camcorder?
May 31, 2013
- Tablet shipments to surpass all PCs by 2015. Why do you think that is?
May 28, 2013
- Help! USB flash drive suddenly became write-protected
May 24, 2013
- Do you think Apple customer service has gotten better or worse over time?
May 21, 2013
- Does it still make sense to build your own computer?
May 17, 2013
- Can you imagine the world without cell phones?
May 14, 2013
- Security on tablets, should we be concerned?
May 10, 2013
- 3D printed guns: Are you concerned?
May 7, 2013
- Are Windows 8 convertible laptops being given a fair chance?
May 3, 2013
- Does it make sense to buy a PC with a touch screen?
April 30, 2013
- Ready to donate my old cell phones, but not my personal info
April 26, 2013
- Toddlers addicted to tablets. Now, whose fault is that?
April 23, 2013
- Java: What is it? Do I really need it? Is it safe?
April 19, 2013
- Which is to blame for declining PC sales: Hardware or software?
April 16, 2013
- Google Chromebook vs. traditional laptops? What's the difference?
April 12, 2013
- What's stopping you from getting a projector?
April 9, 2013
- Do you think Apple will kill the iPod Classic?
April 2, 2013
- Growing number of e-mails sent, but not being received. What's the deal?
March 29, 2013
- Is a non-contract cell phone service enough to make you switch carriers?
March 26, 2013
- Help. My Windows 7 System Restore just doesn't want to work!
March 22, 2013
- Are you for or against Google Glass?
March 19, 2013
- Microsoft says my Windows 7 is pirated; now what am I suppose to do?
March 15, 2013
- Would you consider Windows 8 if the Start button was restored?
March 12, 2013
- Ready for solid-state drive, but long-term reliability has me worried
March 8, 2013
- Should music be free?
March 5, 2013
- Please help me understand today's tablet craze?!
March 1, 2013
- Do you think video games contribute to violent behavior?
February 26, 2013
- How can I be sure software updates are legit?
February 22, 2013
- If a Google retail store opened near you, would you go?
February 19, 2013
- Cloud storage and sharing, is it secure?
February 15, 2013
- Should Apple get into the wristwatch market?
February 12, 2013
- Why do all Window systems slow down over time?
February 8, 2013
- Does BlackBerry have a chance in the smartphone market?
February 5, 2013
- Windows 8 just isn't my thing, can I install Windows 7 over 8?
February 1, 2013
- Would you subscribe to the new Microsoft Office?
January 29, 2013
- Should I consider upgrading to Windows 7 or 8, since XP support is ending soon?
January 25, 2013
- Do you still buy DVDs or Blu-rays?
January 22, 2013
- Help, my Windows 7 System restore has disappeared!
January 18, 2013
- Do you use your smartphone while driving?
January 15, 2013
- Is Microsoft Defender good enough to protect my Windows 8 computer?
January 11, 2013
- Do you think voice recognition will eventually make touch obsolete?
January 8, 2013
- Are today's new computer hard drives just simply junk?
January 4, 2013
- Buying a smart TV, do I need an anti-virus?
December 21, 2012
- Photo-sharing site says it now has the right to sell your photos
December 18, 2012
- What is the simplest way I can convert vinyl records to MP3s?
December 14, 2012
- New HP laptop offers some compelling reasons to consider Windows 8
December 11, 2012
- Your computer is low on memory. But why?!
December 7, 2012
- Do you care if all your text messages are all recorded by wireless carriers?
December 4, 2012
- Need help getting my 75 year old mother connected to the Internet
November 30, 2012
- How do you spot fake user reviews while shopping online?
November 27, 2012
- A special thanks to our members
November 23, 2012
- Don't pay for those ridiculously overpriced HDMI cables
November 20, 2012
- What's the best method to clean out my old hard drives of data and viruses for reuse?
November 16, 2012
- Has Apple lost its mojo?
November 13, 2012
- Does Windows 8 offer any improvements in usability or efficiency over 7?
November 9, 2012
- Would you use Amazon lockers?
November 6, 2012
- Laptop: Sudden battery failure or something more?
November 2, 2012
- At last, Windows 8 is out!
October 30, 2012
- What's causing my CD/DVD burner to suddenly stop working?
October 26, 2012
- New Apple iPad Mini announced: What's your opinion?
October 23, 2012
- Help! My laptop goes to sleep and won't wake up, unless it feels like it.
October 05, 2012
- Am I being stupid for saving my Web site log-in credentials in my browsers?
September 28, 2012
- Need programs moved to new Mac, who should I have do it?
September 21, 2012
- What do you think of the iPhone 5?
September 19, 2012
- Can I install Windows 8 and revitalize my old machine?
September 14, 2012
- Computer security, am I just being too paranoid?
September 7, 2012
- Video streaming problems: Who's to blame, ISP or computer?
August 31, 2012
- Ready to try my hand at building my own PC, what are your thoughts?
August 24, 2012
- Technology that makes a difference in peoples' lives
August 21, 2012
- How do I bring new life to my older Windows laptop?
August 17, 2012
- Apple vs. Samsung: who's going to win the patent battles?
August 14, 2012
- How can I secure my external hard drive?
August 11, 2012
- Would radiation warning labels on cell phones change your phone habits?
August 7, 2012
- Help! I need a new digital camera. What are these new hybrid-looking ones?
August 3, 2012
- Does it still make sense to buy a desktop PC?
July 31, 2012
- Is there a solid-state drive (SSD) in your future computer?
July 27, 2012
- Would you use your real name online?
July 24, 2012
- Am I only the one who has concerns over those "security questions" on Web sites?
July 20, 2012
- Do surge protectors merely give us a false sense of security?
July 6, 2012
- Windows 8 Pro upgrade set for $39.99, Media Center too
July 3, 2012
- What are the pros and cons of Web-based e-mail systems?
June 29, 2012
- What we might get for Android at Google I/O 2012
June 26, 2012
- Are memory cards a good media to back up your data on?
June 22, 2012
- Move over iPads and Android tablets, here's Microsoft Surface!
June 19, 2012
- What's the best for a PC life: Sleep, hibernate, or shutdown?
June 15, 2012
- Is it legal to make backup copies of my purchased DVDs and Blu-rays?
June 8, 2012
- Video game violence at E3: too far, and still not enough
June 5, 2012
- Scam alert. Are you getting phone calls by people claiming to be tech support?
June 1, 2012
- If Facebook dies (and it might), its killer will be born mobile
May 30, 2012
- How do I make and restore backups from Windows 7?
May 25, 2012
- Do hybrid cars kill you with silence?
May 22, 2012
- Are two firewalls better than one or can it cause conflicts?
May 18, 2012
- After nine dropped cell phone calls for help, couple dies
May 15, 2012
- Fact or fiction: People could lose their Internet connection in July?
May 11, 2012
- Who wants an iPad Mini? About one buyer in two
May 8, 2012
- How can I make my Windows 7 machines boot up quickly?
May 4, 2012
- How I learned to say, 'Hi, Google Docs; bye, MS Word'
May 1, 2012
- For an elderly person, is the tablet a good move from a desktop/laptop?
April 27, 2012
- Will you be a better driver with Big Brother watching you?
April 24, 2012
- Intel vs. AMD CPU in desktop: Does it matter?
April 20, 2012
- Can't someone please fix online shipping, already?
April 17, 2012
- How do I improve the Wi-Fi reception on a laptop?
April 6, 2012
- Friday Poll: Used games a no-go on PlayStation 4?
April 3, 2012
- How do I block access to porn sites from my PC?
March 30, 2012
- Which streaming media device is right for you?
March 27, 2012
- Can you help me stop the bandwidth leeches at my pub's free Wi-Fi hot spot?
March 23, 2012
- Believe it or not, a mind-controlled skateboard!
March 20, 2012
- How can I determine the market value of my older electronics?
March 16, 2012
- Will iPad become generic for 'tablet?'
March 13, 2012
- E-mail account compromised. How do I stop the spammers?
March 9, 2012
- Does it still make sense to buy DVDs?
March 6, 2012
- How can I share data files with someone in a different location?
March 2, 2012
- Soon you'll be able to text in the shower!
February 28, 2012
- Computer manufacturers are fairly equal, but what about their customer service?
February 24, 2012
- Reader poll: What's the best free backup program?
February 21, 2012
- Online browsing speeds deteriorating over time; what could it be?
February 17, 2012
- Teen whines about parents on Facebook, dad shoots laptop
February 14, 2012
- Privacy concerns over browser cookies in my system
February 10, 2012
- Would you boycott Apple?
February 7, 2012
- Getting rid of old computer; what should I do before proceeding?
February 3, 2012
- Can Barnes & Noble save the bookstore?
January 31, 2012
- Do PC system optimizers/fixer utilities cause more problems than they solve?
January 27, 2012
- Steve Wozniak admits Android advantages over iPhone
January 24, 2012
- What should I do: upgrade my computer or buy a new one?
January 20, 2012
- E-book reader: To root or not to root?
January 13, 2012
- How can I preserve my files' create dates, after copying and pasting to another drive?
January 6, 2012
- Windows to Mac: Why did you switch?
December 23, 2011
- See you later snail mail, hello online bill paying! Advice needed.
December 16, 2011
- Buy a new digital camera or just go with a smartphone with camera?
December 9, 2011
- Time for a new PC, desktop or laptop?
December 2, 2011
- My friend got scammed; please help make her PC safe again
November 18, 2011
- Help, my computer just won't shut down
November 11, 2011
- Do you have the right weapons to deal with spam and phishing scams?
November 4, 2011
- What's with all the activity on my PC, when I'm not doing anything?
October 28, 2011
- E-book choices, oh my!
October 21, 2011
- Upgrading my laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7, please advise
October 14, 2011
- Fact or fiction? Powering down a PC via the power button will harm it
September 16, 2011
- Today's new PCs, to defrag the hard drive or not?
September 9, 2011
- Is a tablet right for me? If so, which one?
September 2, 2011
- Why won't my slideshow burned on DVDs play on DVD players?
August 26, 2011
- Help! I was sent a copyright infringement notice from ISP
August 12, 2011
- PC system cleaners: Who's doing a better job of cleaning?
August 05, 2011
- I'm sick of ink-sucking printers, buying advice needed
April 29, 2011
- Do firewalls really work?
March 25, 2011
- Are Windows CE Netbooks on eBay even worth looking into?
March 18, 2011
- Help, my PC has lost sight of its disc drives!
March 11, 2011
- How can I get rid of all my duplicate files in multiple hard drives?
March 4, 2011
- My computer has fallen asleep and it won't wake up!
February 25, 2011
- Why are computers still so difficult to use?
February 18, 2011
- Please help! I cannot access my external drive.
February 11, 2011
- Should we be concerned about viruses on our smartphones?
February 4, 2011
- I like the portability of Netbooks, but is it for me?
December 17, 2010
- Confusion over megapixels vs. megabytes
December 10, 2010
- Windows 7 computer, what do you mean you're "dumping memory"?
December 3, 2010
- A note of thanks to our members
November 25, 2010
- Help! This Web site discloses almost everything about me!
November 19, 2010
- What can the Internet do for me?
November 12, 2010
- Help, Windows display setting keeps resetting after startup
October 29, 2010
- When is it safe to click on "install updates" pop-ups?
October 22, 2010
- Buying advice for my final computer: laptop, all-in-one desktop, or what?
October 15, 2010
- Windows wants to reinstall updates that have been installed already
October 8, 2010
- Is there such a thing as too much computer security?
September 3, 2010
- Security concerns on public Wi-Fi access
July 30, 2010
- 3D TVs: True innovation or hype?
July 23, 2010
- Oops, I accidentally unplugged my USB hard drive, now I can't access it.
July 9, 2010
- Why are my Windows system restore points disappearing
July 2, 2010
- Is the security software built into Windows 7 good enough or not?
April 30, 2010
- Windows 7: All desktop shortcuts appear twice
April 23, 2010
- Why won't my printers work with my new 64-bit Vista machine?
April 16, 2010
- Is the Apple iPad or Netbook right for me?
April 2, 2010
- Help me keep my Windows 7 machine running lean, clean, and mean
February 26, 2010
- What's your take on online backup services?
February 19, 2010
- Please help me find a cost-effective way to secure my flash drive
February 5, 2010
- Windows XP: How do I completely remove items in my start-up folder?
January 29, 2010
- I accidentally deleted the files on my SD card. How can I recover them?
January 22, 2010
- What is a simple way to convert old VHS tapes to DVDs?
January 15, 2010
- Video card performance deteriorated in a short period of time, please help!
January 8, 2010
- Need software for burning camcorder videos to DVDs for preservation and distribution
December 18, 2009
- The pop-up window that ruined my PC!
December 4, 2009
- Why all the hype for installing lots of RAM?
October 30, 2009
- Windows update went bad, now my PC is stuck in endless updating cycle
October 23, 2009
- Power supplies for PCs: How much power is enough and what brands are reliable?
October 16, 2009
- Help! Hard-drive space doing the disappearing, reappearing act!
October 9, 2009
- Broadband: Is my cable connection becoming saturated?
October 2, 2009
- Help, USB connections are not always being detected by PC
September 18, 2009
- Home wireless network connection getting intermittent connections, help!
September 4, 2009
- Can I run my current Windows XP software programs on Windows 7?
August 28, 2009
- What's the reason behind reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows occasionally?
August 21, 2009
- Reinstalled Windows XP, but I'm still getting BSODs and other troubles?!
August 14, 2009
- Windows Virtual Memory is too low--what's that all about?
August 7, 2009
- Need help! I lost my Windows XP admin password
June 26, 2009
- Do computer Registry cleaners really work?
June 19, 2009
- Windows Vista updates are available, but won't download and install
June 7, 2009
- Is there a life expectancy on external hard drives?
May 29, 2009
- Windows system restore doesn't function
May 22, 2009
- Help! DVD drive doesn't recognize music CDs anymore
May 15, 2009
- How do you future proof your digitally archived documents?
May 1, 2009
- 100 percent CPU usage caused by svchost process, need help
April 24, 2009
- Windows 7, please enlighten me with your opinions on this OS
April 17, 2009
- Should I go with a digital compact camera or a dSLR?
April 10, 2009
- Extending the life of my laptop's battery
March 20, 2009
- Help! I'm at my wits end trying to manage my passwords
March 13, 2009
- Is it safe to mount a flat screen over my fireplace?
February 27, 2009
- Help, I need to make my Windows XP system legit again
February 20, 2009
- Do burned CDs and DVDs have a shelf life?
February 13, 2009
- My PC stopped recognizing both my DVD and CD drives, help!
January 30, 2009
- Should I wait for Windows 7 or move on to Vista now?
January 16, 2009
- What's eating up my hard-drive space?
January 9, 2009
- Saving great memories to a digital photo frame
December 19, 2008
- Clueless about MP3 players, need help!
December 12, 2008
- Windows XP system just randomly freezes, what's causing this?
December 5, 2008
- What's the difference between Netbooks and notebooks?
October 31, 2008
- How do I dual boot my computer to run Windows XP and Vista?
October 24, 2008
- Finding compatible RAM and hard drive for an older PC
October 17, 2008
- Ways to recover data from a corrupt hard drive?
October 10, 2008
- Spam e-mail received, but it's coming from me?!
October 3, 2008
- What's the fastest and best method to scan photos into a computer?
September 26, 2008
- How to disable unnecessary programs running in a PC's background
September 19, 2008
- Easiest way to transfer MiniDV footage to PC and edit it
September 12, 2008
- Why does my PC take so long to shut down?
September 5, 2008
- Am I foolish for not installing Windows Vista SP1?
August 22, 2008
- MacBook or PC laptop for college?
August 15, 2008
- In plain English, how do I speed up a slow computer?
August 8, 2008
- External hard-drive buying advice and backing up data
August 1, 2008
- Should I go with a 32bit or 64bit computer system?
June 27, 2008
- What is Windows ReadyBoost and does it improve performance?
June 20, 2008
- Laptop recommendation for children
May 23, 2008
- The Wii is still sold out! Artificial shortage by Nintendo?
May 22, 2008
- Dead flash drives? What's going on here?!
May 16, 2008
- Should Apple release a game console?
May 14, 2008
- Please clarify the digital TV (DTV)transition in 2009
May 9, 2008
- Are you part of the silent Vista-loving majority?
May 7, 2008
- Help! My PC keeps rebooting every 10to 20 minutes!
May 2, 2008
- Are plasma TVs on the way out?
April 30, 2008
- Are they phishing over the telephone now?!
April 25, 2008
- Music: '98 to '08: What we lost along the way
April 24, 2008
- PC video memory confusion: Dedicated, shared, discrete, oh my!
April 18, 2008
- New PC recommendations needed for graphic-intensive programs
April 11, 2008
- How do I stop Windows from reassigning my external drive letters?
March 21, 2008
- Humming coming from my PC, what should be my concerns?
March 14, 2008
- Advice needed for an all-in-one DVR that can burn DVDs
March 7, 2008
- Your thoughts on refurbished or recertified computers
February 29, 2008
- CPU keeps going to 100 percent--any suggestions to remedy?
February 22, 2008
- The big three free security applications
February 20, 2008
- Slow computer: Will a registry cleaner help?
February 15, 2008
- Is it possible to remove a hard drive partition? If yes, how?
February 8, 2008
- Why you shouldn't buy a Blu-ray player yet
February 6, 2008
- Help! My external hard drive isn't responding
February 1, 2008
- Will HD DVD make it to July?
January 30, 2008
- Environmental impact concerns of consumer electronics
January 25, 2008
- How many iPods have you owned?
January 23, 2008
- Advice needed for ripping a huge music CD collection
January 18, 2008
- What are the differences in today's camcorders? Go HD or wait?
January 11, 2008
- Crazy drool gadgets, I mean cool gadgets at CES 2008!
January 8, 2008
- What can I do to improve the speed of my Vista machine?
January 4, 2008
- What's your tech prediction for 2008?.
January 2, 2008
- Top 10 CNET Community newsletters of 2007
December 20, 2007
- To Wii or not to Wii? That is the question.
December 14, 2007
- 720p vs. 1080p HDTV: What's the final word?
December 12, 2007
- Aren't all GPS devices essentially the same? Why the price differences?
December 7, 2007
- Are extended warranties worth it?
December 5, 2007
- Buying my first MP3 player, advice needed!
November 30, 2007
- Will e-books ever be a best seller?
November 28, 2007
- Top 10 community polls of 2007
November 22, 2007
- What does the 2009 digital-TV switch actually mean?
November 19, 2007
- Plasma versus LCD TVs: Oh the myths and the lies!
November 14, 2007
- I'm ready to purchase my first digital camera. Need advice!
November 9, 2007
- Apple iPhone named Time magazine's "Invention of the year"?
November 7, 2007
- Share with us your e-mailing etiquette practices
November 2, 2007
- Photo inkjet printers vs. color laser printers
October 26, 2007
- Can Blu-ray and HD DVD beat regular DVD?
October 25, 2007
- The advantage and disadvantages of using VoIP
October 19, 2007
- Ummm, can you please mind your cell phone manners?
October 17, 2007
- HDTV buying advice: 720p vs. 1080p
October 12, 2007
- Bluetooth headsets: Are they cool or dorky?
October 10, 2007
- What can I do to stop spam?
October 5, 2007
- Is it time to hang up Microsoft Office and look for alternatives?
October 3, 2007
- My second hard drive is doing the peek-a-boo thing
September 28, 2007
- Will rear-projection HDTVs be a thing of the past?
September 26, 2007
- I got scammed on eBay, what can I do now?
September 21, 2007
- Desktop design: Apple vs. Sony
September 19, 2007
- Advice for a clean start on a brand-new computer
September 14, 2007
- Calling all members, show us yours!
September 12, 2007
- Help! My Windows automatic updates suddenly stopped working
September 7, 2007
- Cell phone usage on a plane soon to be reality?
September 5, 2007
- Encrypting and password protecting files and folders on my PC
August 31, 2007
- A brand-spanking-new CNET TV!
August 29, 2007
- How to back up and restore my PC to the exact same condition it was in before
August 24, 2007
- Format war continues: HD DVD gets Paramount and DreamWorks, Blu-ray fights back
August 22, 2007
- My laptop was stolen, what concerns should I have?
August 17, 2007
- What would make you switch cellular carriers?
August 15, 2007
- Disk boot failure: What is it and what can I do to resolve it?
August 3, 2007
- $150 laptop!? Is this too good to be true?
August 1, 2007
- What files can I safely delete in Windows Explorer?
July 27, 2007
- HD DVD isn't going anywhere just yet
July 25, 2007
- Help me untangle the HDTV technical gobbledygook
July 20, 2007
- A rant: I'm tired of all that shovelware on new PCs!
July 18, 2007
- Ugh! I need help deciphering all those PC processor names and speeds
July 13, 2007
- Do you favor one brand of electronics?
July 11, 2007
- How can I improve the range on my Wi-Fi setup?
July 6, 2007
- Do cellular carriers do anything right?
July 4, 2007
- Tips on how to get that plasma TV mounted on the wall
June 29, 2007
- Come clean: Will you buy an iPhone?
June 27, 2007
- What do you mean, Windows Virtual Memory is too low?!
June 22, 2007
- What are the pros and cons of plastic cars?
June 20, 2007
- What are all those startup tasks during bootup?
June 15, 2007
- Do you think Mac apps on Windows stink?
June 13, 2007
- Home audio and video: Premium vs. generic cables
June 8, 2007
- Would you do your banking by mobile phone?
June 6, 2007
- Free vs. paid security software
June 1, 2007
- Are you for or against GPS and cellphones in cars?
May 30, 2007
- Don't get ripped off when your PC is out for repair or upgrade
May 25, 2007
- Is high definition worth it?
May 23, 2007
- Newbie to dSLR: Taking the next step beyond point-and-shoot cameras
May 11, 2007
- Better check to see if your car is spying on you!
May 9, 2007
- How do I get my PC back in shape?
May 4, 2007
- What's your favorite alternative fuel?
May 2, 2007
- I want Vista out of my PC and XP back in, but how?
April 27, 2007
- Is cell phone text messaging cool or just awaste of time?
April 25, 2007
- What are the warning signs that any PC needs to be replaced?
April 20, 2007
- What's your worst electronics ripoff?
April 18, 2007
- Considering a move to a laptop full time, any advice?
April 13, 2007
- How do you keep your kids safe online?
April 11, 2007
- Help! What can I do to retrieve deleted data?
April 6, 2007
- Do cellular carriers stifle innovation?
April 4, 2007
- Is the Mac right for me?
March 30, 2007
- Will you watch movies on your PC?
March 28, 2007
- Need advice to make a quality slide show of my trip
March 23, 2007
- Are camera phones useful or just toys?
March 20, 2007
- Is peer-to-peer software such as LimeWire legal and safe to use?
March 16, 2007
- Is Microsoft to blame for software and hardware incompatibilities with Vista?
March 14, 2007
- Need help with camcorder buying decisions
March 9, 2007
- What do think about early-termination fees from cellular carriers?
March 7, 2007
- Is my current software compatible with Vista?
March 2, 2007
- Will you buy movies twice?
February 28, 2007
- Is Windows Live OneCare all I need for security protection?
February 23, 2007
- Need advice on how to integrate PC into your home theater
February 16, 2007
- Flat-panel TVs: Popular name brands or off brands?
February 13, 2007
- Is the Linux operating system for me?
February 9, 2007
- HD DVD will lose the HD format war
February 6, 2007
- Thinking of upgrading my operating system-- XP or Vista?
February 2, 2007
- Vista: Is it really just a $200 Windows XP service pack?
January 30, 2007
- Help! I can't retrieve my honeymoon photos from my memory card!
January 26, 2007
- What are your tech predictions for 2007?
January 23, 2007
- Is the iPhone all hype?
January 16, 2007
- How do I revert back to IE 6 after installing IE 7?
January 12, 2007
- Apple's new iPhone is announced and CES 2007 coverage!
January 9, 2007
- Help! I need clarification on Internet security
January 5, 2007
- What do you predict will be the software hit of 2007?
January 3, 2007
- Happy holidays and happy New Year, CNET community!
December 22, 2006
- 2006: Top 10 hot topic discussions that made you speak up!
December 19, 2006
- Help my confusion! Today's TV technology is driving me bonkers!
December 15, 2006
- Challenge of making cell phones better lifelines
December 12, 2006
- Community newsletter dedicated to James Kim
December 8, 2006
- Video games, am I wasting my life?
December 5, 2006
- How can I protect my Web site from intruders?
December 1, 2006
- Digital cameras: optical viewfinder or LCD?
November 28, 2006
- Recycle, reuse, or donate? What should I do with my old PC?
November 22, 2006
- What to do on Black Friday? Win a PS3, of course!
November 17, 2006
- I'm lost about what GPS unit I should get
November 3, 2006
- What do you like or dislike about Internet Explorer 7?
October 31, 2006
- Can I make a desktop restore CD/DVD like HP or Dell does?
October 27, 2006
- Crave: CNET's new gadget blog will have you craving more
October 24, 2006
- Converting old vinyl records and tapes to digital
October 20, 2006
- Should using a cell phone while driving be outlawed?
October 17, 2006
- Getting serious about backing up your data
October 13, 2006
- What's your favorite tiny app?
October 10, 2006
- Protecting your digital images from theft
October 6, 2006
- Is the new iPod worth it?
October 3, 2006
- Solution for sending MP3s through wireless network to stereo
September 22, 2006
- What's the worst thing a family member has done to your
September 19, 2006
- Nongamer needs recommendations for video cards
September 15, 2006
- Should cell phone use be allowed on airplanes?
September 12, 2006
- Is an HDTV worth buying even without an HD source?
September 8, 2006
- Is there ever a good reason to use digital zoom?
September 5, 2006
- What are my chances of recovering a deleted file?
September 1, 2006
- What have you done to your digital photos lately?
August 29, 2006
- Help! Windows Genuine Advantage issue
August 25, 2006
- What's your favorite Firefox extension?
August 22, 2006
- Monitoring your home & kids using wireless cameras
August 18, 2006
- Which manufacturer makes the best cell phones?
August 15, 2006
- Laptops: which one to buy?
August 11, 2006
- Will DVD camcorders become extinct soon?
August 8, 2006
- Give me back my browser's home page!
August 4, 2006
- What's your favorite free security program?
August 1, 2006
- Computer doesn't recognize the new RAM I installed
July 28, 2006
- Are you a better photographer because of digital technology?
July 25, 2006
- Strange noises coming from my PC
July 21, 2006
- Sizzling-hot debate over Net neutrality
July 18, 2006
- Help, my external hard drive is not recognized by my PC
July 14, 2006
- Why are digital cameras hard to learn?
July 11, 2006
- Strategies for wiping out file footprints without reformatting PC
July 7, 2006
- Helpful advice for converting camcorder video to DVD
June 30, 2006
- Your personal data: are you prepared for the worst?
June 27, 2006
- Playing CDs on PC is all snap, crackle, and pop!
June 23, 2006
- Should kids have cell phones?
June 20, 2006
- How-to use two monitors on one computer
June 16, 2006
- Your exclusive sneak peek at CNET TV
June 13, 2006
- What are ActiveX controls and are they dangerous?
June 9, 2006
- Internet access on airplanes: a good or bad thing?
June 6, 2006
- Possible ways to watch TV on your PC
June 2, 2006
- What are your pet peeves about other drivers on the road?
May 30, 2006
- Help! Windows XP keeps reverting my display properties
May 26, 2006
- What do you hate about cell phones?
May 23, 2006
- USB flash drive nowhere to be found on PC
May 19, 2006
- What photo-sharing service do you use and why?
May 16, 2006
- Adding old hard drive to new PC with only SATA connections
May 12, 2006
- What's your best antispyware weapon?
May 9, 2006
- Removing a partition on a hard drive
May 5, 2006
- Word processing online? Yup!
May 2, 2006
- Help, my computer randomly restarts
April 28, 2006
- Recycling your hard drive? Read this first
April 25, 2006
- PC crashes trying to access the Microsoft Update site
April 21, 2006
- Are rear home-theater speakers worth the hassle?
April 19, 2006
- Advice needed on using Wi-Fi access in public
April 14, 2006
- Windows XP on Macs? Heck yes!
April 11, 2006
- Need help deciphering the digital camera mumbo jumbo
April 7, 2006
- Whose photo paper do you use?
April 4, 2006
- How does the wireless network thingy work?
March 31, 2006
- Which cellular carrier offers the best service?
March 28, 2006
- Give me back my Windows system tray icons
March 24, 2006
- What's your favorite graphics software?
March 21, 2006
- Why won't my computer shut down?
March 17, 2006
- What's your phishing story?
March 14, 2006
- Primary drive not found!
March 10, 2006
- HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray: which will be the next Betamax?
March 7, 2006
- What's the best instant messenger?
March 3, 2006
- What's next for the iPod?
February 28, 2006
- Questions about storing and managing passwords
February 24, 2006
- Your worst cellular carrier experiences
February 21, 2006
- How does antispyware work?
February 17, 2006
- Which carmaker offers the best quality?
February 15, 2006
- How long do digital pictures last on paper?
February 10, 2006
- Security vendors: whom do you trust?
February 7, 2006
- Are you ready for Windows Vista?
February 3, 2006
- Will it be the year of the iPod--AGAIN?!
January 31, 2006
- How long do burned CD-Rs and CD-RWs last?
January 27, 2006
- AMD vs. Intel dual-core CPUs
January 24, 2006
- Demystifying those confusing DVD formats
January 20, 2006
- Premium cables: rip-off or required?
January 17, 2006
- Transferring files from old computer to a new one
January 13, 2006
- What's the coolest thing at CES?
January 10, 2006
- How to evict those dust bunnies living in your computer
January 6, 2006
- New year brings new viruses and worms
January 3, 2006