They ARE a rip-off!

by LBond314 - 12/6/07 1:09 PM

In Reply to: Are extended warranties worth it? by Lee Koo (ADMIN) Moderator CNET staff

And nobody is better at ripping you off than "Best Buy." I am going to admit right here in an open forum that I was STUPID enough to fall for their lies on three separate occasions and then getting totally ripped-off each time. Yet each time, the salesperson would explain how the last warranty I purchased SHOULD have been handled and how it was truly anomalous - and how it would NEVER happen again like that. What a crock. They have yet to honor any of their warranties and will do anything to wriggle out of them. They will tell you that a little scratch over by the carrier handle of the digital camera you bought a three year warranty for is a clear sign of user abuse and thus voids the warranty. They will tell you that the person who sold you the last warranty is the one who LIED about what it does and does not cover in spite of what the document itself clearly states. DO NOT buy an extended warranty from "Best" Buy.