$10 MP3 Player !
O.k., I don't have a Ipod..., but decided to try out a $10 Emprex-MP-1003 MP3 player that I found at Fry's (you can also get it on-line)...
This player only takes SD cards and doesn't have any
internal memory. Runs on a "AAA" battery.
Reasons why I bought it?
1) I will not "cry" if I loose it or it get's stepped on!
(Maybe over the SD card more than the unit!).
2) I had a bunch of "extra" SD cards and thought I would
put them to use.
3) Cost! At the time I wasn't ready to spend $100 on a player.
4) This being my first MP3 player, allowed me to see if I would
use a MP3 player or not (...would it be a "paper weight" instead?).
5) The manual said it would only "accept 1 Gig SD cards or smaller".
This is not true. I have a few 2 Gig SD cards that work fine in
the unit...I have not tried any larger cards than 2 Gigs.
Final thoughts...I am not unhappy with my purchase, but I found myself "looking" for more options than what this player offered.
I like the option of being able to use SD cards, and I think my next player will be one that has a SD slot in it.
Oh...if you have a kid that "needs" to have a MP3 player - I would get them this one...and see how they use it (or miss-use it!).
It would be money -well spent!