Neuros vs. Edirol R1 - Help please !!!!
Dear Sir or Madam:
I write this letter to ask your opinion on the Neuros MP3 player. All your opinions and comments will be really appreciated because I am deciding wether to buy or not a Neuros MP3 player. Thank you very much in advance for all your help.
Answers to the following questions will help me to get more acquainted with the Neuros MP3 player. I am very interested in acquiring the Neuros HD 30 GB USB 2.0
1. I used to work as a photographer, and a lot of the equipment manufactured for working-photographers is built with such quality and reliability that it can last for many, many years. Is there a life-time for the Neuros MP3 player ? If there is not really a life-time for the player please tell me how long you have had your Neuros MP3 player.
2. Does the Neuros MP3 player break down easily and often if any, what kind of problem did you find yourself with the Neutros? How many times have you had malfunctioning problems since you got it if you had any?
3. If the Neutros MP3 player fails and you need to send it back to neutros, how good and how expensive is their service?
4. I want to use the MP3 player with an external microphone for high-quality dialogue recordings of interviews or conferences. These recordings may last from one hour to several hours. I own a small omnidirectional microphone. However, Neuros offers a Portable Stereo Preamp and Mic Unit.
This unit combines a preamp (needed to work with the Neuros) and an omnidirectional mic. Do you recommend buying this unit and why? - or would you use a separate mic and preamp like the ones in the two following links:
5. The Neuros that I have the most interest for is the HD 30 GB USB 2.0. Is it possible to detach the 30 GB back and swap to an 80 GB back? When you detach the back, can you play the back-less Neuros by itself?
6. Does the Neuros recognize playlists transferred from Windows Media Player? Does the Neuros support ID3-tagged album art? Is there a chance that in the future with an upgrade, one may be able to view photos on the Neuros?
7. What is the farthest away that one can be from the Neuros in order for the built-in microphone to catch a lecture, a conference, etc.?
8. Do you think the Edirol R1 is a better buy and can be of better use than the Neuros for the purposes that I previously explained?
Thank you very much for your time and kind attention to this matter.