SSDs aren't for everybody

Although everybody loves faster, sometimes an SSD isn't the answer to your problem.
If you have a desktop, the best way to utilize an SSD is to install Windows on it and then have a second platter-basd drive where you can point your programs to install to. I've found this to be a problem because some installers don't give you an installation path option, and some of the ones that do only install part of the program on your platter drive and the rest on your SSD. This might not be a problem for a few programs but if you're like me and you're stuck with a 32GB SSD then space needs to be economized
Windows also installs its users folder on the C drive as a default. There is a way to move your user folder to another drive but it requires tweaking the registry and should not be done if you don't think you're confident to do it.
SSDs would not be meant for somebody who does a lot of file editing. Video editing is a big contender where you're saving lots of data and multiple copies of it. large database users shouldn't put their databases on an SSD, use a striped RAID rig or something.
Bottom line is to just keep in mind that SSDs can be read from an unlimited amount of times. It's just the writes you have to watch out for.
Personally I don't think SSDs should ever be used in an environment where there isn't a platter based drive that can take a lot of the nitpicky work like temporary internet files.