there are a few problems with how you do it since not everyone has your type of wi-fi so here (in detail) is how anyone can do it:
1) Click "Start" then "Run" type in "CMD" (without the "")
2) a black window with some writing should open up. without clicking anything on your mouse or anything type in "ipconfig" without ""
3) on a vista you might get paragraphs and paragraphs of writing just scroll up (or dwn if you r at the top of the page) and find "default gateway" there should be a number beside it that will most likely be 192.168 followed by a few more number.
on an xp you will get three things
4) open up a browser (i used either mozilla or interent but its up to you) and type in your gate way key (the one starting with 192.168)
5) a pop up will come up and ask you for your username and password (if not skip a few steps)
5) at the name of the pop-up it should say that _____ is requesting a password google whatever is in that blank and u wil find out what your wireless interent provider is (could be linksys could be D-Link)
6) once you have found out what your provider is then google _______ default passwords (the ______ is where you write the provider)
7) found out which password and username you need and typoe it into your pop-up
8) you will be brought to a page where there should be an option "wireless" somewhere. click it
9) on a scroll menu click on WEP (or WPA if that is the key you r looking for)
10) with WEP there should be a number of keys. take first one and write it down so you don't forget it
11) with WPA use the "server 1" IP for your key
and there anyone can follow these steps