Much appreciated!

by toxifier - 2/21/13 7:05 PM

In Reply to: Compatibility with ISP by sunwatcher

As per your suggestion I checked through the ISP's website. My ISP is MTNL, one of the leading ones in my country. But I guess they have not updated their website, and in case they have their compatible list is just too small(It didn't even list Linksys/Cisco). The only name I ever heard from the list they gave was of DLink, but it's Router+Modem is almost double the cost of that of TPLink and thus won't be that much helpful with the cost-cutting. I guess I must buy just a Router/Switch with Wifi capability. Though I won't be able to cut down my current bills, but atleast I would be able to save much on the ones that would have been if I get one from my ISP. So, I saw a pocket friendly one, TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router, and another from the same company, TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router. If I am using an internet connection with 512Kbps speed, does it really matter which one I'd buy? Moreover I would be grateful if you could suggest other alternatives in case they these are not that good.