I have 2 active Partitions, what can i do?

by roondog - 5/4/12 1:42 PM

I am in desperate need of help. I have a Dell tower system running on Windows XP. I have kept it updated, over the years. I was on-line and got a popup from S.M.A.R.T. it just started running and told me I had problems with my computer. I didn't think it would be the problem and cause harm to my computer. While doing some research found this to be a Trojan virus. I restarted my computer and was able to launch Ad-Aware before the S.M.A.R.T. file blocked it. I ran a full scan; Ad-Aware warned me I have a Trojan virus on my computer. I used Ad-Aware to remove the virus. Now when I start my computer the first thing that comes up is 2 active partitions. When I press enter then I see No boot device available - strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility. I'm afraid when I removed the virus it took the hard drive with it. Is there anything I can do? The computer is old but has serviced me well. I use it to pay bills, read e-mails and surf the internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a restore disk or created a boot disk. Please help.
I have read many forums in the past; this is the first time I ever posted on one. Also this is my first virus. I have had to do a full restore in the past because something has gotten on my computer, but nothing ever like this before.