Online Armor sold to Emsisoft

by Donna Buenaventura Moderator - 6/30/10 9:10 AM

In Reply to: NEWS - June 30, 2010 by Carol~ Moderator

From Online Armor Blog:

Mike's final (OA) blog post - a personal note

By the time you read this, the news will be public that Austrian-based Emsisoft, headed up by Christian Mairoll has aquired Online Armor from Tall Emu. There's a been a bit of speculation over the last day or so that "something" was happening. During the past few weeks, we started to prepare to transfer operational control of Online Armor over to Emsisoft and a few things went live 48h or so before they were supposed to. Oops.

The deal is done, there's no going back and no regrets. Indeed, Emsisoft aquiring Online Armor is the best possible thing that could happen to it. Emsisoft has 20 staff focused on security software. Tall Emu had two (OA developers) - and they just went to work for Emsisoft. I can't wait to see what happens over the next 12 months with Online Armor and Emsisoft Anti-malware.

A lot of people probably have a lot of questions, and I've been asked a few times, so I'll try to answer them here.

More in http://onlinearmorpersonalfirewall.blogspot.com/2010/06/online-armor-sold-to-emsisoft.html