HOW to post your HJT log on ONE of the HJT forums
by Marianna Schmudlach - 11/26/07 10:28 AM
HiJackThis log - Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
* Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
* Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
* By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
* Click on Install.
* It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
* Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
* Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log (no attachments) into your (Click --> ) own new topic
* DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
* DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System, a helper will guide you.
Note: In notepad under Format, uncheck "Word Wrap" Produce all HJT logs like this, single spaced.
single-spaced - (of type or print) not having a blank space between lines.
It is preferable, and the log easier to read, if you do not use the [code] or [php] options.
* The topic's title should be the problem you believe you may have.
* Please do not post *hot links* to malware sites in your post when describing the problem, the HJT log is enough.