On your desktop..

by Carol~ Moderator - 3/8/13 9:01 AM

In Reply to: Where is the start icon? by abuelitojd

I don't understand what you mean when you say you "downloaded the adwcleaner and enabled the askdetection / yahoo toolbar". AdwCleaner is a very small application and doesn't come with any toolbars such as Yahoo or Ask. Its purpose to remove them.

You asked where/how to start the program. When you downloaded AdwCleaner to your Desktop, it created an icon / shortcut there. (It looks like a brown bug with 6 legs) With all programs closed double-click on it and run the program.

NOTE: If you first click Search (instead of Delete) AdwCleaner will scan your system and show you the results as a text file. If you have any doubts about what it finds, please ask here. Otherwise, proceed with the cleaning process by clicking Delete.

If you have any doubts, read these set of instructions to remove it manually. It also includes instructions for the use of AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and HitmanPro. Avoid using the download links, as I only just found it and haven't had time to test and verify each of them myself. Ask here and we'll provide them. But the information provided is correct.

Best of luck..
Carol