So, the error 43 is a part of the unidentified device itself....."Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
I am playing with a few things.....
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03Hy3SXq-k I performed all steps in this video....but I had two folders with usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files. I copied both instances into the folder shown on the video (separate occasions) and nothing.......
2) I have tried uninstalling the device itself.... in this case it does uninstall. BUT, upon restart of the system it comes right back.
3) of note: the location of the unidentified device: Port_#0005.Hub_#0004
4) I have tried uninstalling just the serial bus controllers and restarting....but the mouse won't work when I do this so I use the restart button on the computer..... so maybe the manual restart affects a safe shutdown and effective implementation...I don't know.
5) The problem is caused by evil black magic. I am sure of this.