Best answer as chosen by user bistraz: How to block this the "Recommended for you" popup
This pop-up has been driving me crazy and by chance I figured how how to block it using the Adblock Plus add-on for Firefox.
- Go to the Firefox add-on manager page and search for Adblock Plus and then select to install it.
- Once it has finished installing you need to restart your browser for ABP to take affect.
- Now go to a site that you know has the "recommended for you" pop-up and hit "ctrl+shift+v" or "right-click" on the "ABP" stop sign on your Firefox tool bar and click on "open blockable items"
- This will open a window that will show all the scripts and weblinks that are loading on the page you are viewing.
- Now in the "blockables" window that you just opened, look for this line "http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js"
- "right click" on it and select "block this item..."
- This will open another window and click "Add Filter"
- hit "ctrl+shift+v" to close the "blockable editor window" and you are done.
So far it has been working for me so I hope this helps you all. It's really a shame that companies feel they have the right to invade our privacy like this.