RE: sony tv sound problems
I noticed today that Sony has issued a firmware update for the a number of its
BRAVIA sets including the 32XBR9(my personal interest) and 52V5100.
( I wish Sony would clarify the last item)
The description on the site is:
Sony has designed the BRAVIA Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version ER4.11-E2) provides the following benefits:
* Addresses an issue where the picture brightness changes intensity on some scenes.
Note: After the software update, please set Advanced Contrast Enhancer to LOW or OFF to further minimize this characteristic.
* Addresses an issue with occasional intermittent operation when using favorites or HDMI-CEC functions.
* Corrects an issue where the audio may infrequently be lost while connected via an HDMI connection.
* Corrects an issue where there may be audio static when changing analog channels while connected via an RF (coax) connection.
* Corrects an issue where the audio may be muted when resuming after using the timer.
* Corrects an issue where there may be distorted blocks in the picture caused by incorrect encoding in the broadcast signal.
* Corrects an issue where picture files may not show in the USB Photo Viewer after switching to a different input and then back to the USB input.
* Improves menu navigation.