HP is the WORST manufacturer with the WORST customer service

by Delynn411 - 7/20/12 12:35 PM

In Reply to: Sweet Payback by GaryS1967

I understand all the frustration and anger with HP. I've been dealing with a defective HP printer for a month and a half. I've emails from HP as along as my driveway. Finally heard from a Case Manager last night and was on the phone for 3 hours trying to get some kind of resolution.

I bought an HP Officejet 8600 All-in-One printer new at the end of May 2012. By the middle of June it stopped working in the middle of printing a photo. This was only my second time printing with it. Just died and nothing worked to turn the power back on.

I contacted HP support and their solution was, "Unplug it, plug it back in. Is is working?" They determined they couldn't help so they sent me a replacement. The replacement turned out to be a used printer! As a replacement for a brand new printer they send a used one.

To make it worse, the used, replacement printer didn't work. This one gave nothing but error messages regarding a missing or defective print head. I installed the print cartridges again using the manual, online troubleshooting and HP techs on the phone. Couldn't get the error message to go way. Their solution, after, "Turn it off, turn it on. Is is working?" ... send another used, replacement.

Third printer arrives and again, I get nothing but an error message indicating the print head is missing or defective. HP troubleshooting says it's probably defective print cartidges. So I go and spend another $100.00 on new cartridges trying to resolve the problem. THAT doesn't work.

I have been trying to deal with HP Support since the whole mess started and they have done abosolutely NOTHING to resolve this matter except send me used, defective replacement printers.

At this point you couldn't PAY ME to own this printer. I have no faith in this product, or any HP product, and their customer service is a joke.

I've repeatedly asked for a refund and all I get is condescending apologies at the start of every email and then no help at all. I was told for weeks that first contact techs were sending this issue on an "escalated, emergency, priority" basis to a Case Manager who would be contacting me.

It wasn't until last night that I was finally contacted by a Case Manager. I was offered a new printer and an extended warranty for my trouble. After three defective printers, why the HELL would I want them to send me another one??? I told her no. I want a refund. I have no faith that will happened so I've turned this issue over to my credit card company to get my money back.

I returned the printer last night at my cost because after weeks of begging HP to send me a shipping label so I could return the THIRD printer and they never even acknowledged the request.

This was the first, and LAST, time I ever buy an HP product. They have absolutely the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my life. They do NOT care AT ALL about customers and have no working knowledge of th products their crappy company manufacturers.

And yes, it is frustrating and sometimes impossible to understand what they are saying, along with them being rude and condescending.