Do any of you know.....

by sattlerscott - 8/17/11 1:11 PM

In Reply to: H.P./ Nvidia Settlement by jddvs18

Can I, or anyone else who rec'd the cheap replacement, LOCATE and HAVE RETURNED TO US OUR NOTEBOOK WE RETURNED under this settlement?

MY experience with this:
April 26th, 2011 under the "NVIDIA GPU SETTLEMENT" I return-shipped my HP Pavilion DV6449US (paid $1033.99 in Aug '07)).

On August 4th, 2011 I rec'd my 'replacement' Notebook; the Compaq CQ56 (@ $250.00).... I was shocked!
"This had to be a mistake...The replacement Notebook doesn't come close to the features or value of my original Notebook...Someone just screwed up...Soon this will be all resolved... I just need to get to the bottom of this."... I thought to myself.

However, after researching and getting all the 'facts' of this issue.... I became A N G R Y!!!

I spent a LOT of time on the web and the phone. IT seemed that NOBODY had any answers for me and we all were just supposed to just EAT this Pile of Injustice!
I also learned as many of you before me and since that there was a CHANGE in the agreement/settlement; from us receiving an "equal or like replacement" to us receiving the "CQ56". This change occurred AFTER I agreed to be included in this settlement!

(phoned) NVIDIA GPU Litigation Settlement Administration 877-440-7557: "We're mostly only an 'answering service'. We don't have any #'s or persons to refer you to for help. You're HP Notebook has probably been recycled already. That was the SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT. I understand why you would be upset, though."

(phoned) NVIDIA CORPORATION in Santa Clara, CA 408-486-2000: (Although polite and kind) "Besides calling the 877-440-7557 & telling them the Notebook doesn't compare, I have no idea what you can do. I understand why you would be upset."

AT THIS POINT... I WOULD BE SATISFIED TO HAVE MY "RETURNED FOR REPLACEMENT" NOTEBOOK RETURNED TO ME AND GIVE BACK THIS CHEAP REPLACEMENT. Would any of you want the same?