Best answer as chosen by user foreverguitarman: How do I add a folder of music to iTunes 11? - Solved!!!!

A little bit of digging through google and I found what I required to restore at least some of the features to the new iTunes 11 that I use and require. Like the ability to add a complete folder to your iTunes library is not accessible unless you restore the menu bar at the top left corner.

You can restore the menu bar with Ctrl-B, or with a (right click) of the tiny menu at top left and then selecting (show menu bar). That will restore access to File > Add Folder to Library. The menu bar will also show up if you tap the Alt key. Or you could just drag and drop a folder onto the iTunes window.

Also you might find this link very helpful if you are new to iTunes or what to navigate this new, fully polished, and I might add, favorable version of iTunes to date:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57556465-285/itunes-11-tips-and-tricks/

I officially retract my statement in my previous post, "iTunes 11 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", because I was wrong and maybe just a little irratated that things were not working as they were previously before the update to 11.

Hope this helps