How do I transfer video on tape to my comp?
I do this a a hobby. Here's the simple breakdown of how to do this...
1. insert tape into vcr
2. make sure your digital camera has an "analog to digital" output capability.
2. connect vcr output to camera analog input (yes, you need a special cable for this, probably came with dig camera).
3. you may need to select AV/DV function on your camera (mine is a canon zr50, and I have to do this).
4. connect firewire cable (aka IEEE1394 cable) from digital camera output to firewire port on your computer.
5. open editing software (I like Ulead Videostudio 7 or 8, Pinnacle is great as well - both are reasonably priced). Go to "capture" mode. Select folder to store digital file.
6. Press play on vcr.
7. Press record in editing software.
8 You should be recording from vcr to computer.