Hmmm. As you say, way too techy. Also read some articles that implied that DLNA will soon be a thing of the past.
Seems I have two options:
1) swap memory cards back and forth between video camera and tablet
- downside: cumbersome in the cold; extra cards needed; not possible on iPad (but who cares); apps may not perform well when reading off memory card; SD (most camcorders) vs MICRO-SD (most tablets)
- upside: can use coaching video review apps on tablet
2) use a camera top monitor like those made by Marshall.
- downside: can NOT use coaching video review apps; have to use video playback on video camera (mine is terrible); cumbersome set up with cable connecting camera and monitor.
- upside: instant playback on larger screen
I really hope that this day and age of technology was further ahead.