Sorry- I couldn't post at the end of the thread

by Pepe7 - 11/8/13 9:59 AM

In Reply to: got it thanks by sguven

The thread already maxed out, so I put my current reply here.

(I've cut and pasted the post I'm replying to below, btw.)

See my reply to Bob regarding DLNA. It stinks. You have a Windows PC, so you are good to go already.

You are correct regarding the 'welded on' SmarTV/3D features in most cases. Especially if you are looking at the higher priced/larger panels (a la 65"). Simply use what you need to on those HDTVs.

I will be blunt again though. It won't be easy necessarily to find reviews of such HDTVs in multi-system form. There's no telling what shortcuts or different builds/features are in those sometimes. And since they aren't sold @ BB/Costco/etc., it may require some serious detective work to determine which HDTV suits you needs. Even more so for lag time, etc.
A web site such as AVS would perhaps be a better place to hook up with folks more knowledgeable in the qualities of the multi-system versions of major manufacturers such as Samsung. This lack of general information may lead you to drive a couple hours to actually see one of these in person and test it out in a rogue store who had it on display. Are you located near a major urban area of the U.S. currently? AVS might be able to help you find a dealer where you reside.

FWIW, if you look at Samsung in the 50-55" sizes, you would be saving quite a lot, from looking at the web sites I posted in this thread. 60-65" really starts to get expensive in the higher end 8000 series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pepe and Bob, thank you for your patience with me and your replies.

Currently my setup in the house is like this:

My high-end pc is connected to the receiver of the 5.1 sound system, as well as the cable box. Output from sound system goes to the TV. I either watch the channels on the cable, or I get streaming from my PC.

For my next TV purchase it will be a similar setup, with the addition of the Xbox One.

I never, never ever use any of the features of the Smart TV (since most of those stuff I can do through my PC) and I am absolutely not interested in the 3d tv.

However my research (this stands true for both multi-system tvs and American tvs) i showing me that most of the newest and high end models pretty much -force- you to get this smart tv and 3d tv features, which is unnecessarily increasing my price.

All I am looking for is a system with the best picture quality, minimum input lag for xbox one, and DLNA compatibility if I want to go that route.

With this in mind, would you be able to recommend me a good multi-system tv? Or an American one, so I can have a point of comparison?
next unread