Re: Here's a list of TV stands for up to 52"

by Big Steve - 9/15/13 2:20 PM

In Reply to: Here's a list of TV stands for up to 52" by wpgwpg

wpgwpg:

I went to Crutchfield.com last night and looked at several of their TV stands; several caught my eye as looking nice; storage compartments below to store AV components; etc.; the nice ones started in the $300.00 range and went up to $1,000.00 and more. So like another poster said he would not recommend me using my old Magnavox entertainment cabinet from the 60's and setting a 42" HDTV on top of that because it would look weird.

I should either mount a new HDTV set on my living room wall and if I wanted to put my old Magnavox cabinet from the 60's under the new HDTV mounted on the wall or spend some money to buy a new stand that would hold a 42" HDTV set. Do not put a new 42" HDTV set on top of a cabinet that sits 60" high; don't do that.

So would you also agree that I should not waste anymore time trying to find an HDTV set that would fit inside of my existing Lazy Boy cabinet because buying a smaller set would be a waste of money and I also would not enjoy viewing HDTV programming on an HDTV set as small as 27" to 32"? I need to either buy something like a 42" HDTV set; mount it either on my living room wall or buy a new cabinet and set it on top of that but I should not waste anymore time trying to find a 27"-32" HDTV set that might fit inside of my existing Lazy Boy cabinet. Thanks for your feedback.

Big Steve
09/15/13