I have posted corrections and retractions, which I don't

by Ziks511 - 9/9/13 10:30 AM

In Reply to: Why is it that you insist by TONI H

recall anyone else doing. But when I post most things I've already checked the facts with generally accepted authorities, unlike that 2008 study by UCLA professors blaming Roosevelt for worsening the Depression.

As Paul Krugman has pointed out: Stimulus in Bad Times and Austerity in Good Times are Text Book Macro-economic Principles. Just because you have decided that he is beyond your particular Pale, is no reason to presume that he is wrong, or that the majority of Economists who happen to agree with him are wrong. Joseph Stieglitz who agrees with him but doesn't have a column or a character assassination squad from the Hoover Institute, or wherever, following him merely means he's quieter, or possibly more dangerous to confront. Stieglitz as I continue to point out has TWO Nobel Prizes in Economics. Of course here at SE that means the True Believers (read Eric Hoffer) think he's twice as wrong.

"The True Believer: Thoughts On The Nature Of Mass Movements is a 1951 social psychology book by American writer Eric Hoffer that discusses the psychological causes of fanaticism."

"U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower read The True Believer in 1952, gave copies to friends, and recommended it to others. In 1956, Look magazine ran an article calling Hoffer "Ike's Favorite Author".[20]

"Allen Scarbrough chose The True Believer as one of 25 books that "you need to read to know just about everything".[21]

"The True Believer earned renewed attention after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001,[22] and also after the Tea Party Protests and Occupy Wall Street protests a decade later."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Believer

You might also click on the link to Eric Hoffer in Wikipedia too if you really want some insight. He was a very interesting man

"He once remarked, "my writing grows out of my life just as a branch from a tree." When called an intellectual, he insisted that he was a longshoreman. Hoffer has been dubbed by some authors a "longshoreman philosopher." "

He was never an academic, he was always a worker, and moreover a worker at what would be called unskilled labour. He was however quite brilliant and quite influential. I liked him a lot.

Rob