by sunwatcher - 5/24/13 12:10 PM

In Reply to: Will this work? by Seacaps

You need an amp because the RCA audio out from the TV is likely a line level output and there will be no volume control to your headphones from this output. The line level out is not designed to drive speakers or headphones directly.

There are many other products to choose from. I only provided suggestions of what will work.