Line bleed/Image bleed

by brockwilt - 5/15/13 8:10 PM

In Reply to: Panasonic TC-P50S60 picture settings by katzmaier CNET staff

Mr katzmaier,

During your evaluation of the S60 series did you notice any line bleed/image bleed? I notice it every once in awhile while watching tv using dish tv as my satellite provider. I don't notice it very often during blu rays. I find this rather annoying and very distracting. It's noticible while I have the TV guide on the screen, or if there is a white object in the background and a darker object in the foreground. The lighter object will bleed through the object in the foreground. I also notice it while credits run at the end of a show. It's also noticeable with some stationary images or logos that wouldn't been part of the original recording of a show.

I was told on the avs forum that this is normal and nothing to worry about. But on my previous tv, Panasonic 50px80 from 2007 or 08, I didn't notice this at all.

Could you please explain why this is happening and if there is a way to fix this issue. I am currently using your settings and viewing my tv in a darkened room.

Overall I love this tv. It has great picture quality, and very good black levels. But I find myself looking for line/image bleeding constantly. It's taking away from my viewing pleasure.