It's right there in the Fine Print...

Well, I'm glad you asked, because it's right there in the fine print and easy to overlook if you're not careful.

If you go to the dtvexpress.com website, down the left side of the screen you will see a column of links. Skip the FAQ's, "What is covered" etc., and go to the 6th link down entitled "Terms and Conditions."

There you will find a VERY long list of terms and conditions. Navigate down to the bottom of the page until you get to the section entitled: "EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE." At this point I suggest you proceed with caution because you are about to come face-to-face with the "Devil in the Details..."

Proceed to the 12th paragraph in that section that begins with the words: "Any viewing irregularities, imperfections..." etc. READ the entire paragraph. The sentence that was used to deny my claim is in the MIDDLE of that paragraph and proclaims exclusions due to:

"ANY IRREGULAR VIEWING QUALITY ISSUES (caps are mine...) displayed by any type of TV including but not limited to blooming, strobing, judder, blurring, color shift, an imbalance of back lighting in one or more areas of the TV, screen uniformity or color uniformity.

So there you have it. Do yourself a favor and get the extended warranty coverage from Costco (purchasable even if you don't get your set from them, I'm told.) That's what I plan to do when I purchase my next HD set. Costco has a history of dealing fairly whenever I've done business with them. I can NOT say that about dtv express.

Good Luck.