Question

If that is the case why is my laptop (sitting next to the TV and connected to the TV via HDMI) able to stream Hulu and Netflix without any interruption?

I'll give the suggestions you wrote a shot though. I've already tested changing the DNS and switching to different broadcasting channels (it is currently on 11). I only have a handful of neighbors using wireless though and their routers are weak (1 maybe 2 bars). So I feel I can rule out both DNS related and wireless channels at this point.

I am hesitant to believe this is a signal degradation issue when my laptop and other wireless devices throughout the entire house are getting no less than 3 or max bars. Regardless where I am at. The TV is not an unrealistic distance from the wireless nor are there any major electrical items between them.

I am a software engineer by trade and before that I did tier 1 and tier 2 technical support for an ISP. My gut instinct is telling me that it is the application having issues. I've heard other people with the same TV complain about this very same issue as well. And, it used to not be a problem with earlier versions of those two applications. In other words my network hasn't changed but the software did. Another indicator to me this is application specific.

When is the last time those two apps had new releases of software come out for the TV? Just curious.