here if your insurance is cancelled or expires

by Roger NC - 2/8/13 4:08 PM

In Reply to: You really HAVE been away 'too' long by TONI H

they notify the DMV, and they'll send the local LEO to your house to collect your car license plates.

And then you don't get it back without proof of insurance. And there is a waiting peroid whether you get insurance the next day or not.

I think you have to have proof the first time you get a car license tag in your name. After that, the DMV is notified when you lose insurance and they come get it.

Or at least they use to do that.

You'll need proof of insurance for a purchase loan, although I think they well call you agent and verify it over the phone with your agent.