Ok heres what I know

by dawnrenee88 - 2/2/13 9:33 AM

In Reply to: Setup by Willy

Ok first of all I know how to connect the HDMI I want to use Port 1.Ok I figured that part out.But I don't know what to do about the VGA thing.

When I connect the HDMI it will not connect but it doe through VGA.

My computer detects the TV as a LCD TV but only when connected through VGA I don't know how to select the HDMI thing.

Willy said That I need to select the monitor to use.Rite now I am only using my LCD TV.So it only shows 1 monitor.So I don't need to worry about that part.

But I don't know much about the video cards.So I don't know anything about how to do the settings.

I don't know how to verify that the video card menu specifies HDMI as the video port to use.I don't know how to do this.

Willy also said In many cases this is not "Auto-Selected."I don't know how to change this ether.

My current monitor is my LCD TV I am using a VGA.But I am purchasing a surge protector for the TV and monitor and the desktop.So that way I can use both the monitor and the TV.

I will try to reconnect the HDMI.To the TV and computer to see if it works.I might need help with the settings on the video card.