I don't have money for a Win8 machine but I've had the opportunity to toy with it a little at Wal-Mart where I work. Granted, a display model (with no wireless when working with a wireless machine) is difficult.

I have come to the conclusion that Win8 will be for some people and not others. For businesses, it is most useful for using applications built around a "quick in, quick out," environment. For example, vendors can use it for tracking how much Pepsi they gave my store. Most vendors have switched to iPad for this very reason (grab only the apps they need). For consumers, it is not just for tablets/touch devices. I have a blind friend and for him, it is easy to navigate from (what are they calling Win8 icons now?); granted he has never actually worked with a true desktop environment. Even for those of us with sight and hearing, there are some applications where you don't need to or want to sift through an entire traditional desktop environment.

Right now, I'm using a Win7 Pro, 64bit Asus EB121 Tablet PC. Win7 i the epitome of the Tablet PC model: a touchscreen traditional OS. Traditionally Tablet PCs have been heavy, underpowered, and too many tiny details to work with even with a stylus. Apple listened to the gripes and fixed them.