Impedance and connectors

by mjd420nova - 1/28/13 3:24 PM

In Reply to: Passive SubWoofer Needs Volume Control by tclotworthy

Each voltage level usually has sheilding and connectors to match. With just speaker wires, usually 4, 8 or 16 ohms. A rheostat can be had from radio shack to reduce the input to your desired level. "Passive" usually refers to a NON powered element so that's confusing. You could also stuff a sock in it.