Another Possibility....

by Grif Thomas Moderator - 1/22/13 5:40 PM

In Reply to: Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544 by raduzhok

The newest version of Java has elevated its security to "High" (it was "medium" before) which causes your browser's security system to ask for permission to use the Java applet within the webpage.. So far, on a couple of the websites I visit, which require Java, I've been asked for a similar permissions request ... But, I don't use Microsoft Security Essentials and therefor, I'm not seeing the "Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544" warning here...

As such, much like Bob states in his post, you'll need to decide whether to accept the risk, or not play the games.. It might also be possible to remove the original "permissions" request by opening the Java panel in Control Panel, select the "Security" tab, then change the setting from "High" to "Medium" (recognize it's not the safest thing to do).....but I still believe Security Essentials will identify the exploit and block its use... If you still think it's safe although I wouldn't, you might be able to change the Security Essentials' settings to "allow" the detection.

Hope this helps.

Grif