wrong

by Skinlab1 - 1/17/13 1:06 PM

In Reply to: Its the buyers/users fault by deatnote072608

Let me tell you what they are doing , and tell me its not a scam.
When you call, 90% of the time, you will get an indian guy at the other end, and that man, will most probably speak english with an strong accent, so you will make him repeat lots of time... then they will transfer you to a 3rd party tech...
the scam is, when they transfer you to a tech support, they will ask you to take control of your computer so they can fix the problem on their end.... those guys are not tech support.... they are sellsman...

they will run a few program on your computer looking for all the conflics and problem in your computer.... most computer have conflics and minor problems witch are 99% of the time, harmless.( i was calling for a printer color problem) but they will use those problems as the reason of your original problem ( witch is not true )... and then they will ask you if you want them to fix it..... heres the catch...

they will install a program to clean the registry, fix conflics ect. and they will charge you 179$ if you say no to that, they will insist and insist, even lower the price down.... i got them to 60$ for that 179$ fix... i had to cut the connection with them cause they would of still insist ...

so basicaly, they dont fix anything, they wont blame their product for braking but your computer usage. and they will charge you a lot to fix it.