Remote Controls

by bbgun7 - 1/16/13 6:48 PM

In Reply to: Latest greatest - still have the problem by bbgun7

I wasn't going to respond, but Bob's last comment about remotes was the kind of thinking that manufacturers use to make excuses for their failure, but it just isn't based on facts. Samsung failed their customers in a few areas that they could have EASILY gotten right, but I suspect Bob works for Samsung. Universal remotes have been around for a long time and with a simple 4 digit code, which is published by manufacturers, cable companies have been successfully supplying universal remotes for ages - even since the VCR days. Heck, you can buy one for 10 bucks at Walm. The fact that Samsung charged me enough for my TV to include 2 elaborate & expensive remotes and a fancy IR blaster that will gather dust for the next 5 years, when they could have supplied one that does it all is ludicrous. They could have invested the time & money in improving quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty. Instead they commodotize themselves.

To blame it on the customer saying they just want too much is silly. It it silly to expect something you pay $3,000 for to work? Don't call it a Smart TV if you're not there yet because it undermines your credibility. Deliver what you promise and you get a Brand that survives. Under-promise and over-deliver brings much more profit in the long haul.