Best answer as chosen by user Kdadz: You may not like

by boya84 - 1/10/13 8:09 AM

In Reply to: Sony HDR-cx560v lens question by Kdadz

the answer...

Your camcorder: Sony HDR-CX560v camcorder: Filter diameter = 37mm screw-mount

Your lens: Canon EF50mm f/1.8 II lens: Designed to be used on a Canon (or other) SLR/dSLR with appropriate/compatible "bayonet" mount.

Use an adapter that goes from the camcorder's screw-mount to the lens' bayonet mount. There may be other ways, but the only way I know of is to use a "DoF adapter" like
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/548256-REG/Letus35_LT35MINI37_LT35MINI37_35mm_Lens_Adapter.html

And I *think* the captured image is inverted so editing (whether still or video) may be needed.

If video is the important item, then a camcorder is preferred - capturing still images is a "convenience feature"
If still image capture is the important item then a dSLR or point & shoot camera is preferred - video capture is a "convenience feature".
If you want a single device to do both, then expect to make compromises. Specifically, when the device's "secondary feature" (i.e., "convenience feature") is used, it can yield acceptable results - but generally not as good as when a device's primary feature is used.