Okay

by t_rockney - 11/22/12 3:03 AM

In Reply to: Could be too many things. by R. Proffitt Moderator

Well, so I played around for the last 4 hours with trying to fix this problem. The tools listed above were helpful. After running the programs above, I was able to clean up some Spyware but the problem was not fixed. I did however come to realize that I had a google redirect virus. So...I found a cool video on ways to remove it and did so... (It wasn't a walk in the park, but I figured it out).

This led to a few of the problems being resolved but not all of them.

1. My HP PSC 750 (printer) is not working in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. (Fixed)

2. My print spooler will not turn on regardless of what I try. (Fixed)

3. I have a windows application error always occurring at the admin section when I first log on. No other log-ins have this error...just the admin. (Fixed)

4. One of my USB ports keeps failing (Not Fixed)

5. I have an unidentified device I cannot uninstall from my computer. (Not Fixed)

So...the first three problems were solved. The next issue remains the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. The device is unable to be reset through uninstalling the Host Controller. It continues to return with this error: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) So, I amhoping for cool insight into tackling this next issue.

Thanks,

Trev