Yes, HDMI works fine

by porsche10x - 11/11/12 12:30 PM

In Reply to: hdmi out by howjef

Thanks. I just got power back yesterday, after nearly two weeks. Yes, I did try the HDMI out. It worked well. I don't think it looked as good as, say, a blu-ray disk, but the source file might not have been that great to begin with. The specs say it supports up to 1080p. I did have to buy a mini (micro?) HDMI to full size HDMI adapter, not included, but I got one on Ebay for two or three dollars.

If you want to see some reviews, check out Amazon, Newegg, androidforums, and, of course, even Cnet. Also, the forum at androidtabletzone has a lot of useful stuff. I found most of the reviews, plus and minus, to be pretty accurate. It has some nice features, including decent processor and capacitive touchscreen but it does have limitations. The only other thing I really wish it had was bluetooth. I haven't been able to get it to work with a bluetooth dongle either. Regardless, for the $95 I spent, I couldn't be happier.

It has an ok app market, but the tablet comes pre-rooted and it's easy to load stuff from pretty much anywhere.