Vizio E601i-A3 Quick Question

by eza92 - 10/17/12 10:37 PM

In Reply to: Vizio E601i-A3 picture settings by katzmaier CNET staff

Mr Katzmaier,

Thank you for your review, it was really helpful when making my decision for a new TV, and thank you for the settings. If I may, I have one quick question regarding the TV. I have not owned an Edge Lit LED TV before, so I do not know what to expect from one when it comes to common issues and behaviors.

My Vizio E601i-A3 is a great TV; however, I noticed while watching in a completely dark room that during all black screens, such as the boot up screen (showing the Vizio Logo), or on a "No Input" screen, or when switching between apps and games on my PS3, there is a slightly brighter spot on the bottom of the screen where it meets the bezel, on the bottom left half of the screen. The affected area is about the size of an adult hand and it only noticeable during the aforementioned screens.

During normal use, and while watching dark movies like Prometheus and Super 8 I noticed no difference in the black across the screen, so for now I am considering it a non-issue, but I just would like to know if this is something that occurs on Edge Lit LED's, and if it is normal or a defect.

Best Regards,
E

(Just to specify, since the red text below is reminding me to do so, the model is a Vizio E601i-A3)