Below are the steps I ran to narrow down the problem\
1. Ran advanced System Care (deep care)
2. Opened System Protection (it took about 12 minutes to find Compaq (C:) (system)
This is strange in itself.
3. I created a new restore point.
4. Removed AVG with Revo Uninstaller
5. computer restarted for changes to take effect.
6. goto System Restore
7. choose manual restore point created above
8. prepare to restore, logoff
9. please wait restore is initializing...
10. removing temp files...
11. system reboots to opening screen. Everything seems ok. There is NO mention of restore complete.
About 30 minutes go by and I continue to wait.
Box now shows up on screen with big red circle with x in it.
Messages in box are as folows:
SYSTEM RESTORE DID NOT COMPLETE SUCESSFULLY. YOUR COMPUTERS
SYSTEM FILES FILES AND SETTINGS WERE NOT CHANGED.
DETAILS: AN UNSPECIFIED ERROR OCCURRED DURING SYSTEM RESTORE.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY... BLAH,BLAH,BLAH
Thats it Robert