Corrupt business

I bought a SVP DC-1231 Acqua Cybersnap 5MP underwater camera off of Buy.com August 9th of 2011. After only a few uses the fastening clip on the housing cracked and broke rendering it useless as an underwater camera. For the last 2 weeks I have been in contact with Silicon Valley Peripherals in attempt to acquire just a new clip. I was told that was not possible, but a new housing could be purchased for $15.00, which doesn't sound like much. I can buy an entire new model for $39.99. The camera is supposed to have a 1-year warrantee, but SVP informed me that the housing is an accessory and is not included in the warrantee. How can a housing for a camera advertised as an underwater 5MP digital camera be considered an accessory?
I have also contacted the BBB of California. Their 1st attempt with Silicone Valley Peripherals was unproductive. SVP is holding their ground.
All I want is a new fastening clip that can't cost them more than 50 cents.
This company is corrupt, which is too bad because during the little amount of time the housing worked I got some decent footage of my kids in the pool. I will not buy another product from this company ever again and will make every effort possible to let others know what they are getting into before they purchase from them.