Babylon - It's Back!

by katiebug57 - 6/11/12 5:47 AM

In Reply to: How to remove Babylon virus? by xguy03

Doggone. That pesky search window won't go away! I use the latest version of Firefox, have Vista Premium Home Edition. (I'm not talking about the toolbar)

I've done a lot of research, and to the best of my knowledge, read all the postings on the forums here. I have uninstalled the toolbar, which came with a CNet download (it was my fault - I clicked on "next" before I fully read the window about Babylon toolbar being a part of the download).

I haven't noticed any indication of an infection as there are no windows that pop up arbitrarily, that sort of thing. I did have to go back and reset Google as my home page even after I deleted the toolbar.

I DID manage to get rid of the search box once by going on Firefox to about:config, searched for Babylon and reset all of them. I was ecstatic. HOWEVER, when I had to reboot my system, there it was, back again.

I have run MBAM twice as you suggested, and I tried to do the free online scan of Superantispyware, but it wouldn't download. Kept getting error message that said one of the files wouldn't copy, and it aborted the download.

I do have CCleaner, and have run that. I also have FixCleaner and have run that.

I'm beginning to think the only way I'm going to get rid of this search bar is by restarting my computer to an earlier time, but I really don't want to do that.

Any further suggestions?