LibreOffice 3.5.2 Download Continued #2

by DB4RC - 5/1/12 3:23 AM

In Reply to: Yep, I just downloaded and installed it by MarkFlax Moderator

Mark,

Please find below the step-by-step process on clicking the LibreOffice 3.5.2 Multi Inst Icon on LibreOffice.org Downloads which I get:

1. A warning appears at the bottom of the screen stating: "LibO_3.5.2_Win_x86_install_multi.msi is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer", "Delete/Action/View Downloads".
2. On clicking "Actions" I get a new window and I click "Run Anyway".
3. Then I get the window: "Welcome to Installation Wizard for Libreoffice 3.5" and I click "Next".
4. Theh I get the window: "Customer Information, Install this application for""Anyone who uses this computer/all users" is the default selected choice and I click "Next".
5. Then I get the window: "Set Up Type", "Typical or Custom" and I click "Typical", followed by "Next".
6. Then I get the window: "Ready to install the program", "Create a start link on desktop" is by default checked and I click "install"
7. Then I get the window: "Installing Libreoffice 3.5" and a Status scroll bar, which never starts to infill. It waits some time before . . .
8. I get the user Account Control (Administrator) window asking me if I want the program to change my computer etc and i click "Yes".
9. NOW, I get an additional window above (not over it) the "Installing LibreOffice 3.5" window with the following content:
10. "LibreOffice 3.5 Installation Wizard", "Yellow-Triangle-with-Exclamation-mark", "Please exit LibreOffice 3.5 and the LibreOffice 3.5 Quickstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system, also ensure that no other user has Libreoffice 3.5 open." I must point out that there is no Libre Office on my PC, that is why I am trying to install it and that this is a single PC located in a domestic situation and there are not multiple users available to be on the "system". So, I click the only option available, "OK", in this window and it will not let me click anywhere else anyway.
11. At which point I now get the window: "Installation Wizard Completed", "The Wizard was interrupted before LibreOffice 3.5 culd be compltetly installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run set up again. Click finish to exit the wizard."

And that, as they say, is that. A large cumbersome process to get nowhere.

Regards,
David