Jeep stalling fix...

After nearly 3 years of stalling, a new computer, 3 mufflers and 2 ignition coils...I simply caved and tried what I should have tried 3 years ago...Knowing that just wiggling the wiring harness (particularly the connector closest to the engine)..would get her to start again. I finally just cleaned all three connectors with contact cleaner and zip tied them down using 24" heavy duty zip ties $5 at home depot...

The first time I did it it worked for a couple days and started stalling again but only because I didn't have them tight enough...I just had someone stronger tighten them down really well and I have two on the 3rd connector just in case! It was the cause of all of the codes and misery...I became a pro at keeping her going...never coming to a complete stop always tricking her by tapping the brake a bit or throwing it into park at a light and kept my foot on the gas...talk about anxiety every time I had to drive.

I always thought there had to be a heat issue...I could time when she would stall, always in the same place on my drive to work and home..like clockwork. The warmer it was outside the more frequent. I would pop the hood hop out, wiggle the wiring harness or re-seat the connectors...hop back in and take off...it was like a nascar pit stop every few blocks for me...I was way to good at it...

I will admit I still proceed with caution because of the head games I went through for 3 years...but I have about 1,000 miles on her since the fix with no stalls...

Hope this helps...and prevents someone from igniting their Jeep on fire or driving it off a cliff!