Sony Bravia IR LCD interference issue Dish Network receiver

by bukaty - 10/19/09 3:55 PM

In Reply to: Be sure to research this. by R. Proffitt Moderator

My issue is that I ordered Dish Network HD service and they came out two weeks ago and installed a VIP-222k receiver. I have a Sony KDL46V4100 LCD tv. About 15 minutes after the installer left I tried to use the remote and it wouldn't change channels, bring up the guide or do anything else - except control the Sony TV. Since then Dish has supplied me with no less that 3 sets of remotes and replaced the receiver once which I installed myself last Monday night. I did the setup in IR mode which took 40 minutes or so. I declared success when after a few minutes of watching a tv program the remote simply stopped controlling the Dish receiver again. Right back where I started. During the course of troubleshooting I noticed that if i turn the TV off and select a button on the Dish remote, then turn the tv back on, it is working.

Through the course of much troubleshooting and consternation trying to come up with a solution, I think I discovered a fix.

I broke apart an old floppy disk and cut out a small piece of the media film and attached it to the Dish receiver window using small dabs of rubber cement at each corner. I now have consistent and full control of the satellite receiver in IR mode.

Hope this helps someone out there cure this problem.