Here is what I think..
1. Most Computers have video cards for basic games.
2. Photo Filtre, Paint.net, The Gimp are excellent freeware programs for photos.
3. Firefox is highly recommended instead of Internet Explorer for a safer experience.
4. TV 2.2 is best for channels not on your cable.
5. If your computer doesn't come with a free office suite, I highly recommend Open Office 3.0
You can save documents as PDFs and save files as Microsoft Office documents. You get a very similar alternative to Power Point, Word, Exel, etc.