Relay... BCM

by Cat5 Cane - 12/19/08 2:57 AM

In Reply to: Relay? by joward258

I remembered reading about the BCM (Body Control Module), which is not the PCM/ECM (Power Control Module) that everyone talks about. Don't know where the BCM is located on a 99 but did research and found that there is a Technical Service Bulletin out concerning BCM and Key-less entry locks that have to be reprogrammed... If this is it it should be no charge by dealer!!!

If this is the solution, be sure to come back and tell us the resolve... to help the next slob, like us... asking for help!!!

Good Luck!

Went to About.com and asked several questions and then got a hit... Read below and maybe ... related answer.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Q. Hi: I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a right front power window that seems to be stuck closed. Moving the power switch produces a clicking noise so the electric part seems to work, but it won't move. Can you suggest a fix?
Thanks,
Tedd

A. You're going to have to take the door panel off to see what's wrong. It's probably a bad power window regulator.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

***Another reply...
There was a TSB on a problem that sounds very similar to yours. It applies to all 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokees. It involves a reprogramming of the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Remote Key-less Entry (RKE).

NUMBER: 08-03-00
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: Feb.11, 2000

SUBJECT:
Erratic operation of the power door locks, remote key-less entry system, power windows or power mirrors.

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves Flash Re-programming the Body Control Module and resetting the Remote Key-less Entry Module.

MODELS:
1999 (WJ) Grand Cherokee

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Intermittent and erratic operation of the power door locks, remote key-less entry (RKE), power mirrors and power windows. This can be the result of a communication error in the Door Switch Module located in the passengers door. Revised programming in the Body Control Module has been developed to address this issue.

I would have your Chrysler Dealer check this and, is applicable, perform the reprogramming.

Additional Information provided courtesy of AllDATA