THIS is the FIX!!!!!

by cyanidetamale - 8/21/06 10:35 PM

In Reply to: Sony handycam won't work! by Jansill

Okay, this sounds ridiculous, but I searched all over, desperately trying to find a way to fix this stupid camera (TRV250), and I came across a huge thread with apparently hundreds if not thousands of people experiencing the same problems.....and almost all of them including myself followed these directions to fix their cameras.

Step 1. Turn off your camera.
Step 2. With the palm of your hand WHACK the side of the camera firmly.
Step 3. Turn on your camera and enjoy.

...if camera doesn't work, repeat steps 1 and 2.

This sounds stupid, but I did it and my camera works perfectly!!!! Apparently the theory is that the drum or spools or something inside the camera historically get stuck or something and only a good whack can free them up. Seriously...try it....you will save yourself from spending hundreds of dollars!!!

If you don't believe me, here is the link to the thread that I discovered this magical fix on:

http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/DisplayComments.php?file=Video%20Camera/Sony/Sony_DCR-TRV18_-_Error_Code..html

just copy and paste that in your browser......this is the funniest thing in the world....when I discovered it worked I laughed so hard that I started crying. Seriously, smack the camera because #1 it will make it work, #2 what do you have to lose?, and #3 trust me, on top of everything you know you want to smack the stupid thing for not working anyway!!!!

If and when this works, please post your own comment/message so everyone knows this works for you too!!!!

Thanks,
John