my w7computer needs digital driver

by amythyst2 - 4/27/12 11:45 AM

In Reply to: "not a win32 application..."? by aesvcs

I HAVE AN ACER WINDOWS7. ITS AN ASPIRE INTEL 15"LAPTOP I BOUGHT MOSTLY SO MY KIDS WOULD HAVE INTERNET AVAILABILITY FOR SCHOOL. THE FIRST YEAR I HAD MCAFEE. I DIDN'T RENEW (SINGLE MOM,3 KIDS, DISABLED, FUNDS ARE TIGHT). MY SON DOWNLOADED A FREE MALWARE ANTIVIRUS PRODUCT. I GOT THESE SMALL LITTLE FLASHES IN THE CORNER (RIGHT) OF MY COMPUTER OFTEN THAT SAID I HAD UPDATES THAT I NEEDED TO INSTALL. I DIDN'T ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE IMPORTANT,OR WHAT THEY MEANT. I USED TO HAVE INTERNET EXPLORER, NOW I'M USING GOOGLE CHROME.INT. EXP. JUST KIND OF DISAPPEARED ONE DAY, I TRIED TO RELOAD IT FROM THE INTERNET,AND COULD NOT. THE SYSTEM TOLD ME I ALREADY HAD AN EARLIER VERSION OF IT, ALTHOUGH, NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. THEN FOR AWHILE, A WINDOW KEPT POPPING UP SAYING I HAD 27 UPDATES THAT MY COMPUTER WOULD NOT ACCEPT, AND THAT I WAS NOT RUNNING "GENUINE WINDOWS" WITH AN ARROW POINTING SAYING RESOLVE IT ONLINE. THE SITE THEY SENT ME TO WANTED TO SELL ME A WHOLE NEW WINDOWS7 PAK!!! 109.00 I CAN'T PAY THAT!! I CAN HARDLY BUY FOOD AND PAY BILLS! I ALREADY SPENT 899.00 ON MY ASPIRE, SO I FOUND YOUR FREE AVG 2012 DOWNLOAD. NOW THEY SAY I STILL CAN'T DOWNLOAD EXPL9, BECAUSE YOUR DRIVER IS NOT DIGITALLY SIGNED TO WINDOWS 7. DO YOU HAVE ONE THAT IS COMPATIBLE? ANY OTHER 411 YOU CAN TELL ME? MUCH APPRECIATED AMYTHYST2