Netbook processor / graphics card

by trident211 - 6/19/10 11:00 PM

Hi all-

I'm a grad student looking to buy a netbook to lug around school. Moreover, i am looking to buy a netbook with 720p HDMI output (or higher, if netbooks even support 1080i/p?) so I can stream video from my netbook to an hdtv. I've heard some netbooks have HDMI output but only output 480i, and i don't want to get stuck with one of those on accident.

i've zeroed in on an acer timeline netbook based on some decent reviews and battery life ratings. the link to it on amazon is below, but at a glance it comes with a 1.3GHz Intel Core2 Duo SU7300 Processor and 4 gb of RAM. Will this configuration be fast enough to multitask (i.e. skype + multiple chrome windows + MS Word)? Is this processor superior to a 1.6 ghz intel atom processor found in other netbooks?

it also comes with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. Does it even output 720/1080(via HDMI)? How does this compare to the Nvidia Ion graphics chip?

Again, below is the link. Thanks to all for any input.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Timeline-AS1810T-8638-11-6-Inch-Display/dp/tech-data/B002TEDANO/ref=de_a_smtd