Which E-reader?

by leslie1125 - 1/31/10 10:16 AM

Hello,
I've been researching the different types of e-readers on the market and still don't know which to go with. My needs: good screen as my eyesight isn't the greatest; the ability to highlight or bookmark for notations.I'm a casual reader and usually take notes on what I'm reading or dog-tag a page(though I seldom reference them later).I use my library a lot for regular books so I would like that option with an e-reader as opposed to purchasing the book.

I like that Sony has the e pub format though I haven't found many of the e-books I'm looking for in libraries.The books in Sony's Reader store are more expensive.I looked at the e-readers in the store, all seemed sluggish and the screens didn't seem to be too great. I'm not sure if that's because they were test models.

Amazon seems to have the most titles I'm looking for and affordable.I looked at a friends Kindle2 which seems to have the best screen.

Barnes and Noble is in second for the books I'm looking for with the same price as Amazon and the screen seems to be ok. Again it was a test model so I don't know if that is why it was sluggish.

A big difference in each is that Sony offers a 10% student discount. I am unaware if the other retailers offer one or not.

Thank you!