My dv7-3085dx

by tincanraider - 6/20/11 8:08 PM

So far "most all is well" except for my wireless touch and the fact that I don't have Blue-Ray. On the wireless touch. Use to be, I'd just touch the pad to turn on and off. Blue would be on and orange or red would be off. Well, its always orange/red and touching it no longer works. If I want to turn on I go to the task bar. I don't know if I inadvertently made some change somewhere but I don't know how to resolve this issue. The wireless otherwise does work fine.

Secondly, I'd really like to have a Blue-Ray player and would like to know if that is a hardware upgrade option. I haven't done much with the machine other than just use it as is in my daily business affairs and programs. It came with 6g of RAM which seems to be enough or should I upgrade to the max of 8 ?

The machine is far from my Toshiba Satellite P25 S3059 I had for 4 years before it crapped and now this one is going on 2-1/2. So,,, if there is anyone that has some expert advice on anything to keep this one going for a long time, I'm all eyes.. cool

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob